My Blog List

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Carly's 1st day of school

Here is Carly at her bus stop (at 7:45AM!) on her first day. It was rainy and cool but as a friend said, the weather did not dampen the smiles. Carly rode the bus in one of the Kindergartners' seats up front (marked with an animal) and someone from the school met the bus and walked her to her room. She bought her lunch, made a new friend (Olivia) and came home singing new songs about the alphabet. Today was her 2nd day and already she seems like a pro at this. Confident, full of energy, and enthusiastic. It's wonderful to see her glow.

When I asked Ethan today where Carly was he said, "She on the school bus". Apparently he thinks she rides the bus all day and then comes home! He really enjoyed his one-on-one time with me when I picked him up from pre-school today and I have to admit I really enjoyed three less hours of sibling rivalry!

I asked Carly if she wanted to buy her lunch or bring it and she told me that she wants to do a "pattern"; buy one day, bring the next, and so on. I guess that's her way of figuring out what she likes best!

1 comment:

  1. Love the video,and love the blog! Isn't it fun? I love how you get to share your stories, pictures, and videos, and also get your own record to keep and look at whenever you want! YOu are reinspiring me to work on my blog!

    ReplyDelete